Here is a delicious savory pancake recipe, vegan and gluten-free. And it’s incredibly easy to prepare! You will only need to soak the lentil & rice for one day or one night.
After soaking, draining, chopping, blending, and mixing in 5 minutes your batter will be ready!
For a completely vegan recipe cut your pancakes into small pieces and dip them into a soy&lime sauce.
I adore the vegetarian option too: top your pancakes with sour cream and then some grated carrots, chicory, or another veggie of your choice.
Red Lentil & Rice Pancakes
Servings: 2 people
- 50 g red lentils
- 50 g white rice
- 100 ml soy milk (or water)
- salt & herbs
- 1 cup thinly chopped seasonal veggies, In winter: leek, carrots, red chicory
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lime
- some thinly chopped leek
- some thinly chopped ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- veggies: i.e carrots
- salt and herbs
- Soak rice & lentils about one day
- Drain rice & lentils and blend well with soy milk or water
- Add chopped veggies and salt&herbs then mix well with a spatula. Add enough veggies so that the batter isn't too liquid. (When you scoop the batter into the pan you should be able to create a thick pancake, 1 cm high or more)
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Scoop the batter onto the pan, using about 1 scoop. If the pancake breaks, it can be that is too thin. Make about 1 cm or more. Brown on both sides and serve hot
- Serve with either a sour cream and veggies topping or with a black sauce (mix soy sauce, lime, leek and ginger)
Oder possible veggies according to the season: green beans, zucchini, asparagus…