Veganuary or not, this recipe suits every occasion and every taste. Put this mmm-creamy vegan cheese in your sandwiches or on your crackers and you won’t be disappointed.
Made with only a few ingredients and it comes together in a flash. Just consider the soaking time.
Just because I ran out of salad (uh, yes sometimes this happens to me!) here I show a very simple version with pumpernickel bread. And since I only eat seasonal veggies, I didn’t put any tomatoes. But how good this would be with just a few slices 🍅!!
What would you add as a winter veggie? Write in the comments if you have an idea!
Almond Vegan Cheese
Servings: 1 small bowl
- 200 g blanched almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 1 dl water
- garlic / herbs / pepper / chili flakes, according to your taste
- Place the raw almonds into a bowl and cover with water. Soak for 24 hours
- Drain and rinse
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (add more water if it's hard to blend). If you want to add garlic, add it here
- (Add additional flavors, like herbs or spices)
- Place the mixture in a bowl and eat it straight away or preserve it in an air-tight container for a couple of days.