A low-cal appetizer with an incredible luxurious color!
This appetizer is technically not a hummus since it does not contain chickpeas. For its consistency and its use though, it’s very similar to the famous oriental chickpea sauce – but with fewer calories than the original one ; )
You can spread it on bread or crackers or enjoy it as a dip with veggies, as an appetizer, or as a snack.
It doesn’t matter which quality of sweet potato you’ll choose. If you ask me, the purple ones I used for the picture look incredible. The color is luxurious and matches perfectly with the crackers.
Boil the potatoes in big chunks to spare time. This way they will incorporate a lot of water, which for this recipe is perfectly fine. You might even need to add more water to blend them or to adjust the consistency according to your taste.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 500 g sweet potatoes, purple or another quality, boiled, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbps olive oil
- 2 tbsp water, if needed, according to your preferred consistency
- if needed remove spoiled areas from the potato peel
- blend together all the ingredients
- place in a bowl or plate and drizzle with olive oil