This salad is currently one of my favorite summer dishes. You can have it as an entree or even as a main meal if you are searching for something very light.
On a hot day, this is a very refreshing meal.
A new entry in my kitchen is a Hugo mint plant, that substituted my peppermint. I find the Hugo more suitable for most of my recipes (and hm…. the latter is actually not in good shape). This herb gives a fresh taste to many of my meals, and this recipe is no exception.
If you like cilantro you can add it too. Another valid option would be some chopped spring onions or chives.
Find out other uses of silken tofu, an ingredient that never lacks in my fridge.
Silken Tofu Salad
- 400 g silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 carrot, grated
- cilantro, chopped & in leaves as a garnish
- mint, chopped & in leaves as a garnish
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- 1 tbsp crispy fired onions
- In a small bowl mix lime juice, soy sauce & chopped cilantro (and or chopped mint).
- Place the silken tofu cubes on a plate or bowl
- Add some grated carrot and some crispy fried onions
- Place the garnishes and add two tablespoons of seasoning