I created this recipe because I wanted to try silken tofu with chocolate. I knew it was the perfect combination for a mousse. The recipe in my video is not vegan since I used white and milk chocolate, which I prefer. For a vegan version use only vegan chocolate, this works perfectly too!
You can be creative here, using the chocolate you prefer. If you use more than one, you can create a cute swirl on top. To keep the recipe vegan, I omitted this step in the description. To make the swirl add a little bit of chocolate (about 3-4 lines) on top and create a pattern with a stick.
I incorporated whipped aquafaba because I like the airy texture. You could skip this ingredient if you don’t have it. Don’t be afraid that aquabafa will taste like chickpeas in the mousse. It won’t! Without aquafaba the texture will be a bit more firm. I like it this way too.
The silken tofu here is the substitute for cream. So if you’re on a diet, this recipe is for you!
Add something crunchy on top like cacao nibs or chocolate flakes, maybe a cute cookie and enjoy!
Silken Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Whisk thoroughly together the melted chocolate with the whipped silken tofu
- Add the whipped aquafaba and incorporate it gently. Add enough just to make your mousse slightly foamy. If you prefer it firm skip this step
- Set in a serving glass or bowl and decorate with melted chocolate: add one spoon of melted chocolate and with a stick create some nice swirls
- Top with a cookie, cacao nibs or chocolate flakes
- Set in the fridge for about 30 min – 1 hour