When I cut broccoli for cooking I like to have some raw bites. I do this with most of my veggies (certainly not onions!) The raw florets are crunchy and fresh, and it’s fine to eat them!
Recently I discovered, that there are actual recipes with raw broccoli. And that some people would find it unthinkable to eat them this way. Sometimes we don’t think about changing what we don’t know we can change. We just go on with our eating habits.
But I am not only curious, I am obsessed with trying and experimenting.
So here something I never had before: marinated raw broccoli.
For this recipe I got inspired by a nutritionist youtube channel (italian) and added my own twist.
Raw Broccoli, Coconut & Lime Salad
Servings: 2 people
- 1 broccoli, florets only, in small pieces
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 lime juice
- 1 scallion, sliced
- chili flakes
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- In a bowl whisk coconut milk, lime juice, and salt. Add broccoli florets, scallions and mix well.
- Keep aside some marinade to drizzle on top when serving.
- Let marinade for about 20 minutes.
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle some chili flakes and peanuts on top.