Did you know that you can eat raw asparagus?
When I say that, many people are pretty surprised. But the taste is even more delicate this way.
Sometimes I have them as a snack as I would eat a carrot or a breadstick. Try it: it’s fresh and crunchy!
In this recipe, I sliced thinly the asparagus with a potato peeler, and then I combined them with purslane and a lemon vinaigrette. As usual, I like to add something crunchy to my salads. Dried chickpeas, sunflower, or pumpkin seeds are a great option.
Raw Asparagus and Purslane Salad with Lemon Zest and Garden Herb Vinaigrette
- potato peeler or mandolin
- 300 g asparagus
- 50 g purslane
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- mixed garden herbs
- something crunchy, seeds, dried chickpeas or else
- With a potato peeler, slice the asparagus really thinly and then discard the ends (it's better to discard them after this process instead of before, since it's handy to hold the asparagus at its end while slicing). Set in a bowl and mix with the purslane leaves.
- whisk olive oil, herbs, salt, lemon juice and zest together to make the vinaigrette and drizzle it on the veggies
- Add some seeds and some dried chickpeas