Porridge with pear and melted chocolate
I absolutely love porridge. Usually I have light versions with fruits, like apple, pear or persimmon. But from time to time I like this more indulgent version with melted chocolate and pear. It looks great and it tastes even better!
Porridge Belle-Helène (Chocolate Porridge)
- 2-3 dl (soy) milk (1 cup)
- 4-5 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 pear, grated or finely diced (keep 3 slices for garnish)
- 6-8 chocolate squares (or 1 tbsp chocolate spread)
- vanilla powder for garnish
- Put ingredients 1-4 in a pot and cook at medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the oats are soft.Put the chocolate in a bowl with 1-2 spoons of water or (soy)milk and melt it with the microwave for about 30 – 40 seconds (depending on your microwave) or put in a pan and melt it the traditional way.Serve the porridge and garnish it with some pear slices, melted chocolate and a pinch of vanilla powder. Enjoy!