Have you already tried my sweet pumpkin pancakes? This recipe has the same batter, to which I added a bit more salt, rosemary leaves, and garlic. You can have the pancakes just like this or like in my picture, with stir-fried mushrooms. Both versions are oh-so-delicious!!
Plant-based Pumpkin Pancake (Savory)
- 200 g pumpkin, steamed or boiled, in chunks (see notes)
- 2 dl dl (soy) milk
- 100 g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 clove garlic
- rosemary leaves, thinly cut
- cooking oil
- Blend the pumpkin together with the milk
- Add salt, flax seeds, garlic clove, rolled oats, and blend very shortly to mix the ingredients together. The oats should not be completely blended and you should be able to see them in the mixture
- Add rosemary and mix together with a spatula
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan (about one small ladle size). Brown on both sides and serve hot
- Add something savory on top, like stirfried mushrooms or veggies
- I like to buy a small pumpkin that fits in my pressure pan. I wash it and put it entirely in the pan. I cook it until it becomes tender, then I cut it. Much easier!
- When the pumpkin is small its skin is tender and therefore I avoid peeling it.