Here I repeat myself a bit, but my frozen oat bars are really incredibly quick to prepare 🙂 The recipe requires just three ingredients and some water. It works well as a breakfast or as an at-home snack.
The bars don’t keep their consistency when they are unfrozen, so I wouldn’t recommend having them as a takeaway snack. I also enjoy the freshness of the oat bars just out of the freezer.
If you need something to take with you check my sweet lupin-flour chocolate bars! They are high in proteins and delicous too!
I’ve made this recipe many times with different versions. Here you can find the basic recipe and some options. My favorite optional ingredients are small apricot chunks and walnuts. I’ve tried to add dates as well, but frozen dates didn’t work well for me. Be creative and try other ingredients, then let me know in the comment what worked best!
Frozen Oat Bars
- 50 g Rice syrup
- 50 g Tahina
- 25 g Water
- 100 g Rolled oats
- 1 tbsp Walnut chunks, dried apricot chunks or raisins
- Jam or salted caramel as a topping
- Mix gently all the ingredients together with a spoon
- Set in Tupperware and flatten the dough with a spoon. The bars can be about 1-2 cm high or even a bit more, according to your taste
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 min
- Before serving, cut into slices or cubes
- Optional: top with jam or salted caramel and some crushed walnuts or pecan nuts