Not only is this vegan schnitzel delicious and satisfying, but it’s also much healthier than its traditional meat-based counterpart. So, if you’re looking to switch things up in the kitchen, give this celeriac vegan schnitzel a try! Your taste buds will thank you.
Celeriac is one of my favorite winter veggies. And the crunchy crust of this preparation matches its creamy texture heavenly.
Boiling or steaming celeriac is an easy way to soften it. This way you’ll be able to peel it and cut it much faster.
Are you looking for another delicious winter recipe? Try my Chestnut&Apple Soup with Silken Tofu
Breaded Celeriac Schnitzel
Servings: 2 people
- 1 celeriac, boiled or steamed
- olive oil
- 100 g bread crumbs
- herbs (ie. thymian or marjolaine)
- Cut the celery into 1-2 cm slices
- Drizzle oil on both sides.
- Add salt and pepper
- Heat some oil in a pan, add the crushed garlic and cook the celery slices 3-4 minutes on each side until they turn brown.
- Serve a sprinkle with some herbs
I pre-boil the celeriac in the pressure pan. This way it will be much easier to peel and cook it.